Galion City Schools
WHO WE ARE
The Galion City Schools purpose is to: Empower Students to Successfully Transform our Community.
Believe, Achieve, Succeed
Our mission is to prepare students with a rigorous education that enables them to be contributing members of our community. We provide a safe, respectful environment that cultivates leaders of tomorrow. Our guiding principle is: Believe in yourself, Achieve your greatest potential, and Succeed in all aspects of life.
WHAT WE DO
We are a PK-12 public school district with approximately 1900 students. We provide a safe and motivating environment for children to learn and grow. Everyone employed in the Galion City School District has a vital role in the education and success of our students. The main objective is the children and having them reach their fullest educational, social, and athletic potential. We are proud of our ability to provide various educational opportunities unique to the area including, STEM course, College Credit Plus courses on our campus, online learning opportunities, and Advanced Career courses for all students.
WORKING FOR US MEANS ...
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Prescription drug, and Life Insurance
- State Retirement Benefits
- Sick Pay
- Vacation/Personal and Holidays
- Professional staff tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Leave opportunities
Galion City Schools is a district that employs over 230 individuals in numerous capacities; district administrators, building administrators, teachers, counselors, bus drivers, maintenance personnel, cooks, secretaries, etc. Although a large majority of our employees remain loyal to the district each year we have openings due to retirements or career advancements.
DISCIPLINES/POSITIONS (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Kindergarten – Third grade licensure
- Fourth grade - Ninth grade licensure
- Seventh grade – Twelfth grade licensure
- School Administration, Guidance Counselors, and Treasurer licensure
- Custodial, Bus Drivers, Clerical, Kitchen Staff, and Educational Aides
GENERIC JOB SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Professional Communication Skills
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Have a passion to be around and work with students
- Ability to stay current with educational trends and legislation
- Team player, the ability to collaborate with others
- Energetic and positive personality
- Computer application skills
Visit our website at www.galionschools.org for information about the district.